Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hadley's Faith

This morning in General Conference one of the speakers shared a lovely story about a little girl named Hadley. She was born deaf. After an operation and much therapy she was able to speak. One day at the grocery store, Hadley turned around in line and saw, to her surprise, a little boy in a wheelchair. She turned to her Mom, and asked, loudly in her unmodulated new voice, "Why doesn't that little boy have legs!?!" Her Mom told her that Heavenly Father makes all of his children different. Hadley turned to the boy and told him,
"When I was born, I couldn't hear. That makes me special. You're special too. When Jesus comes again, I'll be able to hear, and you will get your legs!"

Not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Want to know What We Believe?

8 comments:

Jen said...

What a sweet story! Thanks for putting this on your blog! I missed this talk :( Got sick kiddos that won't stop screaming. So, once again, thanks for sharing :)

Jules said...

Grrr! Jen beat me again. I love General Conference weekend... great speakers, great messages, and great music. October session is my favorite too.

Mamarazzi said...

loving how Jen and Jules are such big fans that they try and beat each other to the comment!! awesome!

loved this talk. i love conference weekend...love it! i can't wait to soak up more tomorrow!

Cindy Price said...

Having a physically disabled son and a deaf grandson, that talk was especially touching to me. Thanks for sharing.

Molly said...

Great story!

Cecily R said...

You're awesome for posting that story...and the link at the end.

Kimberly said...

This story was so touching to me, thanks for reminding me of it. Like you, I can't wait to reread all the talks from this weekend. With three little kids I treasure being able to have all the talks in writing.

Lindsay said...

I missed that talk but thank you for sharing it what a sweet story and a great way to look at life!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin