Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beaded Bracelet Tutorial

You need Wire, for most things I use a 49 strand, clear coated stainless steel beading wire (but for tiny beads or pearls I use a 21 strand or fine coated beading wire). Wire snips, round nosed pliars, and flat needle nosed pliars.

a closed jump ring, clasp, pin for making a dangle, and 2 crimps (the tube shaped beads)


Begin by cutting about an 8 -12 " length of wire. Feed the end of the wire through the crimp, through the end of the clasp (notice that I removed the jump ring that was originally attached because it wasn't soldered), then back through the crimp

Pull it tight making a small loop, then smash the crimp with your needle nosed pliars

Posted by Picasa

Taaa Daa!

I then slide a bead on that has a hole big enough to hold both wires and cut the end of wire short enough to be hidden in the bead. Continue with your beads and spacers in whatever pattern you choose...

To finish: take the end of the wire through another large bead, through the crimp, through a closed jump ring (I prefer the ones that are soldered closed), back through the crimp, and through the last bead or two on your pattern, check your size to make sure it fits before smashing your crimp or cutting - infants usually wear 3", kids 4-5", ladies typically wear 7"-8", and my fat wrist is around 9". Then, when you're sure it fits, smash your crimp and cut the end of the wire as close to the bead as you can - you don't want a little scratchy tail sticking out!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it..How pretty that is! I used to make necklaces in college:). Thanks for stopping by my blog.

janna said...

Ok, I think I got it now! THANK YOU

Mamarazzi said...

AWESOME!! i love that you did it all on pretty french writing too...fancy!

i need to get busy beading with Jordan. i tried a few yrs ago but she wasn't ready for it. i think she could sit through making something like a bracelet now.

SuperCoolMom said...

Not really trying to be fancy with the French Book (that's what Wolfman was looking at/reading), but the text in the background makes it much easier for my camera to focus. Those tiny little shiny silver things are really hard to get a clear pic of otherwise. So, I set my point and shoot to the little macro flower and place my tiny findings on a page - Works like a charm!

SuperCoolMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Are You Serious! said...

♡ Love it! :)

Deanie said...

These are soo pretty and I have lots of granddaughters that would love them, I may have to give it a try! Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me to yours, I admit I have become a "Blogaholic" and have enjoyed your recipes for some time now.
I loved the bathroom story, when I babysat my nephews years ago they would soak bunches of TP while in the tub and throw it at the ceiling, hard to see right away and harder to get off (after it drys)

lvs2dance said...

I love making braclets! Yours turned out so cute! Good job!

Cecily R said...

In the move I found a few boxes of bead and crimp beads and toggles...this just made me want to get crazy into it again...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin