Monday, July 14, 2008

CAUTION! Due to the Graphic Nature of This Cake...

This post may not be appropriate for all viewers.







My SIL is giving a surprise graduation party for my brother, Bruce tonight. He graduated with a degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis on Science. He has always been a scientist so a dissection cake is perfect for him. Pretty appetizing, huh?

In my defense, it's a rich chocolate cake with a delicious chocolate chip sprinkled, cannoli cream filling between the layers and a light buttercream icing beneath the marshmallow fondant. The form of the frog was made from marshmallow krispy treats covered with fondant. The organs were made from Airheads, fruity Twizzlers, and gumdrop type fruit slices. (5 seconds in the microwave helped make the candy soft and perfect for modeling.) I also need to give credit to my Mom for her artistic help on the frog. I did the cake and molded the froggie's skeletal structure then Mom did the covering for him. (But we both had a good time molding the guts!) Thank goodness for her help or I doubt I'd have made it on time! Party tonight! Woohoo!

10 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♡ It's awesome! You did GREAT! :)

Jeni said...

Now that was pretty doggone creative! I would never have thought to put anything like that together -for openers -and then, to think to built the frog out of marshmallow squares, really cool!

Wendi said...

Sick!!! =)

tammi said...

That's AWESOME!!!! You are one incredibly talented woman!

Jaina said...

What a cool idea! I bet he's going to love it! Looks great, if a bit unconventional. I love it!

onehm said...

WOW.
That is like...
WOW.

I'm so impressed. Way to go.

FallFleur said...

Your "crazy" sister pointed me to your blog.
That has got to be the most amazing cake I've ever seen. It did gross me out at first glance. I had to call my girls in to look at it. They love it. One daugther was freaked out by the "flaps of skin". She shuddered and exclaimed, "That's exactly what it looks like with the veins and stuff. Eeww!"
Nicely done.

Melissa said...

that is AMAZING!!!

The Wibergs said...

Love it!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That is a very cool cake...... but it's not really all that appetizing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin