It's been a year and over 500 posts, so in honor of this special occasion, I am going to repost my famous 100 things about me:
100. I love to CREATE!
99. Learning new things EXCITES me!
98. I like Gain, Original Scent.
97. I always wear Shalimar.
96. I'd choose to name all my cats Scruffy, and all my dogs Shauna if I had my way.
95. I have man-hands. (Thanks Dad.)
94. I prefer SLR to Digital.
93. I like all-you-can-eat minutes and texting.
92. I had my ears pierced for the first time by a pharmacist in Mexico, with the pointy end of the earring, when I was 3! And I remember every minute of it!
91. I always wear jewelry.
90. I usually only put on makeup when I'm going somewhere. I keep everything but my lipstick (AZ heat, ya know) in the car.
89. I hate wearing tennis shoes.
88. I wouldn't wear pants to school until 4th grade when Dittos came into style. I didn't wear denim, until 6th grade.
87. I'm 5'11".
86. I prefer silver to gold.
85. I've had 1 miscarriage.
84. I got married when I was 18.
83. I got divorced when I was 24.
82. I got remarried less than a year later.
81. It took me 6 years to get my stinkin' associates degree.
80. It took 18 years from the time I started college to get my Master's Degree.
79. I love kids with Down Syndrome!
78. I have taught 3rd grade, Jr./Sr. High kids with learning disabilities, 1st-3rd kids with Autism, 1st-3rd kids with moderate mental disabilities (MOMD), 4th-6th MOMD, and Art to 1st-8th graders.
77. I did my student teaching with students in 1st-6th grade who had severe multiple-disabilities (wheelchairs, feeding, changing, lots of OT and PT - and LOVED it! LOVED THEM!)
76. I buy tons of school supplies, even when I'm not teaching.
75. I love to browse in the office products aisle.
74. I was a busboy in high school.
73. I had a newspaper delivery route for 5 years while I was going to school (See #81).
72. I enjoy musicals and old black & white romances.
71. I usually listen to classical music in the car.
70. In High School I collected vintage purses.
69. I love old reading textbooks.
68. I speak Spanish. (Although I wouldn't say that I'm fluent.)
67. I took French. It didn't stick.
66. I don't really like dogs. If I touch one, I have an overwhelming desire to wash my hands.
65. I'm not a hugger.
64. I'm a cheek kisser (with people I kiss, other than DH).
63. I was named after my Grandma. (She was a Hot Mama too. 13 kids in AZ before Air Conditioning.)
62. I'm all for epidurals.
61. I have kidney stones.
60. I read all the books by Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Lucy Maud Montgomery at least once every two years. They're my comfort food.
59. I love to cook!
58. I'd love to take college classes every semester, for the rest of my life.
57. Even better, I'd take different art classes.
56. Dear Santa, I want a potter's wheel, a soldering torch, an embroidery machine, a digital camera...
55. I'm passionate about flowers.
54. I can't resist dolls.
53. The next thing I want to do is smocking - check! (I've done it since I originally posted this list!)
52. then stained glass,
51. then glass blowing,
50. and I want to start digi-scrapping.
49. My favorite food is mashed potatoes and gravy.
48. I make a killer Lemon Meringue Pie.
47. I don't like sprinkles.
46. I was a big nail biter.
45. I still miss my blankie. I'm always feeling blankets, when I finally find one that's really soft thermal cotton, I'm going to start sleeping with it again!
44. Some prehistoric water creature (triop) my brother gave me, ate my class Beta.
43. The funniest thing a furious student ever said to me was, "I want to take out your earring and poke you in the eye with it, and you will bleed and you will die, you wicked witch...what a world, what a world (in that wiched witch of the East voice)!!!" He was six, autistic, and cuter than heck!
42. I'm math-tarded.
41. I'll price match, but I don't do coupons.
40. I'm not very sympathetic. I'm empathetic, but don't come whining to me.
39. I can't tolerate insincerity or dishonesty.
38. I love the smell of rain on the desert, roses, rosemary, and creosote.
37. I was always Daddy's girl.
36. I don't like mayo, raw onions, or seafood.
35. My hair won't hold a curl.
34. I prefer creamy over crunchy. 2/3 jelly, 1/3 peanut butter.
33. I took piano for 3 years, and never got out of book 1.
32. Most of the paintings that I (used to) put on my blog header weren't good enough to frame or give away.
31. I like to write, but it's not something I feel compelled to do.
30. I get livid when people use the guest towels, write on the mirror, and stand to pee.
29. I'm a sucker for kittens, but cats are not indoor pets.
28. It must be real vanilla from Mexico and fresh ground black pepper (lots of both).
27. My least favorite job is changing sheets.
26. Can't stand slap-stick comedy.
25. Tons of half-finished projects.
24. Molasses cookies, red, snickers, hot baths!!!
23. Love reading in the bathroom - on the toilet and in the tub - not at the same time, of course (with 6 kids, it's the only place to find something like solitude.)
22. Prefer having long hair, look better in short.
21. I've been blonde, red, black, splashes of burgandy on black, green (mistake), and usually brunette (some gray, but I plan to dye 'til I die.)
20. Size 11, pointy-toed pumps, black or candy-apple red.
19. I usually wear black or red with denim.
18. People who misuse their, they're, and there... drive me crazy!!!
17. I play favorites. Sad but true. (However, I try to hide it.)
16. I laugh really hard at my own jokes.
15. Chocolate cake, pecan pie, cookies with as many kinds of chips and nuts as possible, pink cherry-flavored frosting on sugar cookies and cupcakes.
14. Fascinated by birds, butterflies, and billowy cloud formations.
13. One of my favorite things is when there's bright slanting light just before sunset, combined with a low, cloudy sky giving everything that 3D view-master effect.
12. Analog for looks, digital for telling time.
11. I LOVE my Mom!! She's my very favorite person to hang out with.
10. The best fruity flavors are all red.
9. I've never had a credit card. On payday it's great, the day before it sucks.
8. I can't give a talk without crying but I just keep going - I'm sure it's not a pretty sight.
7. I subscribe to The Mailbox, preschool edition.
6. My first year teaching I spent so much on Scholastic Book Orders that I earned enough points for a t.v.
5. Better Homes and Garden's New Cookbook is my favorite (along with my family cookbook).
4. I buy good sewing scissors every time they're 50% off and hide them in my underwear drawer.
3. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS or Mormons) and I have a testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ, I know that God knows and loves each of us and cares about what happens to each of us.
2. I love my husband and children with all my being.
1. I love blogging. I love the fact that I have taken more pictures of my family and journaled more in this past year, than in the past 20. I love the friends I've made and the things I've learned. What a blessing this has been to me. Thanks for being a part of it with me.