Monday, October 6, 2008

Copy Cat



I copied my friend Salsa Mama's darling halloween decorations today. I was totally envious of her cool, creepy garlands and cute pumpkins.




So this weekend while I was thrift shopping at my fave Goodwill on half-price day, I kept my eyes open for some likely candlesticks! I got these two, plus the shorty stand all for under $3.50! Then I hit the dollar store and picked up some red berries, all for $2. I should probably have sprung for another set, but I forgot about shorty when I was picking out the berries. Luckily I remembered him come candle time (once again at Dollar Tree), $3.00. Soooo, for a grand total of $8.50 I've got some cool seasonal decor! And yes, I am dying to make her cute Spooky frames too (but obviously, I ran out of black spray paint), and I forgot to look for some while I was at the store. Ah well, I really should be focusing my energy on some other projects anyway. (I'm a bit too easily distracted. Heehee!)


The cute pumpkin I've had for several years. I've had it for about 2 years finished! LOL! (Super Saturday Craft Project that sat in the cupboard for several years.) He's got a mate somewhere. I'll probably find it in a costume box.

Also, I hung out my fall wreath, so we're starting to look festive all the way around.

P.S. I thought I'd share my wreath storage idea. I stick each of my seasonal wreaths in a kitchen garbage bag. Then I write on the outside of it, and hang it over a hanger in my entry coat closet! They don't get crushed, they're there where I use them, and I can find them easily without having to go through a bunch of boxes in storage. Brilliant!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Wendy said...

That is a great decor and love the price! Guess it's time to get my stuff out. I did make holiday mix with salted peanuts and candy corn. Everyone at work is addicted to the stuff and we only make it in the Fall. I'll have to see what my dollar tree has to add to my collection!

Jules said...

I love them! They look so cute!

Halloween is my favorite holiday! If we were were loaded I'd go all out decorating our house and yard. Not too scary for little kids though.. just tons of cute scary stuff.

Cecily R said...

You ARE brilliant, and I LOVE LOVE the fab decor!

You're so festive...I have cobwebs, but not because I'm being festive. I just don't clean my house. :)

Jen said...

You are brilliant! I love that idea. At first, I was like, ya the garbage back, doesn't everyone do that? But then, the hangar and labeling and putting in entry way closet is SO SMART! Thanks!

Mamarazzi said...

love the wreath idea. FABULOUS!!

i am diggin all that spooky halloween goodness!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love that pumpkin! :)

Debe said...

very cute!! Great deals too!! LOVE IT!

koopermom said...

Those look great! I love to decorate for the holidays, but sometimes it's hard to do it and keep it stylish. That is perfect!

Tag! You've been tagged. Check out my blog for the rules.

Salsa Mama said...

Awesome! Doesn't it feel good to get in the holiday spirit with decorating? I just love it. And the dollar store has been so helpful this year! BTW, I LOVE that pumpkin!!

Lindsay said...

I love them I loved them when she did them too.I wish I had more time to be crafty:)

Jaina said...

What great decorations! They look like you spent a whole lot more than you did. :)

Kristen said...

Love your candle holders. And the pumpkin is too cute!

tiki_lady said...

cute cute, and I love a thrify woman/ Good Will is one of my fave stores also! I am going to do the picture frame idea as well!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Super cute and great deals!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin