Friday, October 24, 2008

7 Random Things Tag


I was tagged for 7 random things by Hollie at Just a Little Something (weeks ago, sorry Hollie) and by Susie at Mommy Just One More Minute! So, without further ado...
1. My 19 year old son keeps getting letters and fliers for different colleges and schools. It makes me totally want to go back to school! If I had a ton of money, I would go to the Scottsdale Cullinary Institute and do all their programs. Then I'd go to the Design Institute in L.A. and study fashion design and maybe graphic design. Then I'd do my PhD. (And of course, being filthy rich, I would never have to work in any of the fields, I'd just know how to do it all! Then maybe I'd teach at the college level. Or else, I'd just sit around designing amazing clothes all day and baking fantastic treats every night, and throw fabulous parties where we would eat the awesome food and wear the gorgeous clothes... Or maybe I'll just become a perpetual student.
2. I post scriptures and inspirational quotes in my bathroom. (Captive audience ya know.)
3. I'm a keeper. Of course, my husband is too. However, I find it pretty easy to toss his crap, while my treasures are so difficult to part with.
4. I never did homework as a kid (elementary school). Except for the projects and reports that I had to do because they were worth half my grade. Those I did the night before. Every day when I walked in the door, my mom would ask me if I had any homework. Every day I lied and said no. Then, before school, I would copy someone's hard work on the playground. I did outgrow it.
5. I'm a big cusser. While I don't often say it - I'm thinking it all the time. My mind is one big sewer-mouthed gutter. (Sometimes I think I ought to try and work on that.)
6. I have 7, yes seven, blogs and 9 email addresses. Long story. All are current and I check them daily, but I don't post daily on all of them : )
7. I collect crystal and glassware. My favorites are Crocheted Crystal by Imperial Glass (circa 1940's) and pitchers. I have 14 pitchers. Fortunately, I have lovely built-in shelves for them. But the pitcher shelf is full, so I doubt I'll be buying more - unless I simply can't resist!
So, I tag anyone who would like to do this, and hasn't done it yet! If you have, come back and give me the link - I'd love to read yours!

11 comments:

goingsome said...

Yah, Julie already tagged me and I posted it already. I am either "ahead of the curve or behind the 8 ball". I was ahead of the curve and completed it awhile ago. Loved your comments about going to school. Yeah if we didn't have a family to take care and all the money in the world, I would go back to school too and be a full-timer too. Gezz, how do you keep all the blogs/emails straight? I can barely handle one. :)

Susie said...

what I wouldn't give to be a professional student! I love that you have plans for after school too with your fancy parties and fabulous clothes!
Very cool list. We have lots in common.

sandi said...

Oh my gosh! I collect old glass, too--mostly Depression glass. I grew up hunting for it with my mom. She has an AMAZING collection of the Cherry Blossoms pattern among many others. I got into Ruby Red for a while. Unfortunately it's all back home in Virginia. Do you find stuff locally?

Jen said...

What a fun list! Unfortunately I cuss too. Most of it's in my head, but it's really awful and slips out here and there. Wait, it slips out here and there more often that I'd like to admit. I guess I need to try the scripture/inspirational thought thing in the bathroom. Maybe that will help! Help keep my potty mouth in the potty room!

Debe said...

I was thinking as you said if you had tons of money all the good food you would make... I am thinking If I had tons of money... someone else would be making me tons of good food...

Jules said...

That's too funny.. I'm with debe on finding someone else to fix food for me.

If a foul word slipped my hubby made so much fun of me that it really curbed if not stopped it. When he does that .. I can't even describe what's flying through my head.. lol!

I love the random thoughts! I'm glad you remembered to do it.

Michelle said...

I don't know how you always come up with all these "random" things about yourself. I did my 57 random things over a year ago and now struggle to come up with new findings about myself when I need to.

Devri said...

You are one fabuloso girl. You are one set woman!!!

Mamarazzi said...

after my first marriage ended i decided i wanted to "work on myself" so i went to culinary school to learn how to be an awesome cook...best money i ever spent..so. much. fun.

AND

i went to massage school i lasted 2 weeks..way. too. much. work.

going back to school would be fun.

i have a potty mouth too...it's not pretty. i usually reserve it for my husband. he thinks it is hilarious! my mother in law didn't believe me the other day when i told her i swore like a sailor.

funny.

koopermom said...

Oh culinary school would be awesome! But I don't think I could handle going back to school again. I had too much fun the first time!!!!

Lindsay said...

Your sumbeam was so funny when you got up to say prayer. I tryed so hard not to laught. what a stinkin cutie!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin