Friday, January 2, 2009

I've got that crafting itch...

I am so glad that all my Christmas gifts are done. Well, as of New Year's Eve. I spent my entire New Years Eve watching movies with DH and the Kids, while I made earrings for my sister-gifts. Only a week late! But now that they are off my plate, I can do some little projects that I've been dying to get to.

I first saw these little spool dollies at Onehm's. I've been wanting to make them for months! At first I thought I might get them done for Christmas stockings, but that just didn't happen this year. Then I went to look for ideas over at Etsy. I love the faces that Erica Daley does. (I love all the cute little embelishments that Onehm and Holly did, but since BittE is still putting things into her mouth, I didn't want tiny parts to be choking hazards. So, this is my version. BittE's birthday is in Feb, so she's getting a little set of dollies. I may have to make her a little house to go with them like this one I saw on Etsy last night.


I made her a little spice box out of an empty pepper can while I had the Modge Podge out. She knew exactly what it was for, and wouldn't put her tiny salt and pepper shakers down all day. I found them at Goodwill yesterday. They're just an inch and 1/2 high and they are so cute!

My little craft today was to finish these little bead elves. I started the heads last night while I was painting the doll heads. I saw them over at Kacey's blog where she'd posted them on her wish list of things to do. She found the idea here at Parent's Magazine. Luckily I already had all the stuff in my box of Goodwill crafty goodness. They probably cost me less than a dollar to make since my materials were all awesome bargains! I also got the heads for the spool dollies at Goodwill (69 cents baby!) The spools were from JoAnn's though and cost about $4.00.

Now I only have about 20 more little projects left on my list of Crafts I Want to Do! Maybe my word for 2009 will be CREATE.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Everything is so very cute. I have a lot of crafting to get done in January. I may have to adopt "CREATE" as my 2009 motto too.

Salsa Mama said...

Oh, how adorable are those dollies! I could never in my dreams paint such cute faces. I LOVE those!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ So cute! I love it when you get crafty!!! :)

onehm said...

ADORABLE!!! They turned out GREAT and I love your little faces.

Lorie said...

Cute! I saw those on Holly's blog (who is Karli's sister...did you know that?) and never made any because, lets be honest, my faces would have been scary!!

Yours are too cute though! Big surprise!

Ter said...

cute!

Debe said...

those dolls are adorable! you are so creative and crafty!! I love to see your work.
BTW... Lindsay loves her purse and Jocey loves it too!!

michelle said...

I LOVE these little dolls! They turned out perfect!

oda41143 Missy said...

I am going to surprise Alexus with a set of these!!! Let me know if you have any tips!!

Jules said...

Seriously so cute!!! How do you find the time with the kids home from school?

Jen Sue Wild said...

Those spool dolls are too cute!!
Now you are makeing me want to be crafty.

Holly said...

I love it! So very cute you are soooooo crafty!

Kacey said...

The spool dolls are TOO STINKIN' cute and your litte elves totally make me smile. Awesome job!

Mamarazzi said...

so cute!! i am in love with the little spool dolls! oh and those little elves are precious!!

Jaina said...

Those are OH so cute!

oda41143 Missy said...

Question. Did you just glue the heads on the spools? Did you use paper for fabric for the covering of the spools?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin