Friday, January 9, 2009

Cupcakes, Watercolor, and Chicken Pot Pie

I think my word for 2009 was a perfect choice! I've never had a "resolution" that I've enjoyed so much and it's only been a week!!


(Thank you Janna for making my lovely reminder! You are the Queen of Creating! and an awesome friend!)



The other day Melissa mentioned that her sister had made a cupcake purse for her daughter's Christmas gift. I had to have one! She hooked me up with her amazingly talented Real Life friend Bridget, who has a tutorial on her blog. So, yesterday I made this cute confection for Bitt-E's birthday, especially to match her cupcake pinafore.
Oh yes, I have visions of more cupcakes in my future! I fully plan to perfect my technique - with a cherry on top!

Today I started teaching Watercolor lessons in exchange for piano lessons! Saaaaweetttt! I'm trading with my fabulous friend and neighbor, and of course all of my kids got to sit in on the Watercolor lesson too! Really a fun way to spend the afternoon - Creating Artists!!

Monday I made chicken pot pie, and since I don't usually do the pretty biscuit topping (I prefer a pie crust, but it just wasn't happening) I just had to take a picture to post with the reicpe on supercoolmomsrecipes.
Today I get to cap off this fun week by teaching Art in DD's class! We're making SNOWFLAKES! It's always nice to celebrate winter, even if we don't get to truly participate.
Oh yes, this is going to be a fun year!

No one knows how to create like the people at

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Join in!

27 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds like the perfect choice for word of the year for you. and love the dinner, and the purse. and very cool you are trading for piano lessons. super cool!

Holly said...

You are ridiculously creative!!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love the cupcake purse. Makes me wish I had a girl but alas I live in a house full of guys.

Anonymous said...

Love your word. Love the idea of trading water color lessons for piano. Wonder if I could trade with some also. I also paint and draw. I recently started teaching my youngest how to draw animals. I teach him one a day.

Mamarazzi said...

oh i like the idea of the biscuit top!!

super awesome about trading lessons for lessons..that is cool!

LOVE the cupcake purse... so adorable!

and loving the CREATE!! perfection!

Jules said...

Wish I could trade someone something for piano lessons.. hmmm.

I LOVE how creative you are! Growing up I would've loved the cupcake purse.. and the biscuit dinner. :)

Are You Serious! said...

Very cute! :)

Devri said...

Sounds like you are already conquering that one... love the cupcake purse!!

The Harris Family said...

What a creative cupcake idea!

Michelle said...

There is nothing like the feeling of expressing your creativity.

Cute cupcake purse!

carrhop said...

The cupcake bag is just adorable! Thanks so much for the link!
Blessings!

Valerie said...

I love the cupcake purse. So cute! I also love to paint with any medium! Watercolor is one of my favorites. I am definately going to have to try the recipe. I get so tired of making the same ole stuff. Hope you have a great weekend!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You have had quite an awesome week! I love the cupcake purse and the dress. Oh, how I love that dress. Cupcakes are a real favorite in y eyes. I need to get creating. Happy Friday!

Jaina said...

Oooh, that pot pie looks delicious!

Jen said...

Your creativity is just AWESOME!!! I love it all. That cupcake purse and pinafore is ADORABLE!!!! LOVE IT! And now, I must be off to eat b/c looking at your pot pie just made me SUPER hungry!

Cathy said...

Love the purse and pinafore! And that chicken pot pie looks scrumptious!

KATE said...

Holy Cow, you're out of control! All your stuff is so insanely cute too!!

Cupcake Dessert said...

that is a great word for the year!!! that purse is incredible!!! YAY for you!!!

Kacey said...

SHUT UP! The cupcake purse is FAAAAABBULOUS! I'm a little obsessed with cupcakes - I call Ruby Jane my little cupcake because she's all soft and fluffy. lol Can't wait to see all of the new stuff you come up with.

What a fun week you had!

Chris said...

I love that idea of creating artists

Susan said...

Create is a great word and that cupcake purse is adorable.

Michelle said...

That cupcake purse is so cute.

I wish I had a service/talent/business to trade services. Somehow I don't think this will go over very well...you teach my kids to play the piano and I'll get you a monthly supply of Percocet!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

For cute! That is the cutest purse I've seen!
I think create is a great word for you!
Sorry I've not been around much, been caught up in life and moonlighting on facebook! (shhhh)

Bridget said...

Looks fantastic! I love her smock, what a cute outfit!

latree said...

that cupcake is so cute!!

hey, I have a giveaway at my blog and hope you would like to join. come to my 'Dandelion'

Jen Sue Wild said...

love that cupcake purse!! So cute.
The word rocks that you chose!!

Lindsay said...

Are you making and selling the cupcakes I have a little girl that would love one. They are so stinkin cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin