Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Host by Stephenie Meyer and My Kids

Halloween 2007


I was just sitting in the family room trying to read The Host, since I felt I could take an hour for myself before I started dinner. Here's how it goes:

I watched Jared's face from the corner of my eye. What this man was doing clearly upset
Mommy will you make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
him, and I thought I knew why - Will you make it now!?! I am hungry. Yes, honey, I'll get you one in just a minute.
how he must have hated that slender pink line on my neck.
Momentary pause while I make a pb&j...

Jared frowned, but I was surprised that some of the anger had drained from his expression. His eyebrows pulled
Mommy, will you make me one too? Pause while I make another. And get drinks to be sure that I'm not disturbed again.
His eyebrows pulled together. It made him look confused.

The tall man dropped his hands and stepped away from me. Get your clothes back on! Grandma is coming for dinner! His lips were pursed, his eyes alighted with some challenge.

"She looks healthy enough."
Mommy can I watch IronMan on my T.V.?
Have you heard this poem? No.
Listen! The eletelephony...
Mommy, I want to buy an Ironman book!

The tall man dropped his hands and stepped away from Mommy, Mommy, Mommy me. His lips were pursed, his eyes alight with some challenge. Moooooommmmmm!

"She looks healthy enough....

I won't bore you with the rest of the page. But it's no wonder that I read in the bath and stay up 'til 2 in the morning just to have some peace and Mommy may I put the spaghetti in the water now, Mommy! May I put the spaghetti in the water!?!
quiet.
Come and enjoy the peace of
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

12 comments:

Chris said...

You should be
DAD! I NEED YOU!
able to take a
DAD! IT'S BURNING!
few moments to
AGAIN!
indulge yourself and
NEVERMIND! WHATEVER YOU DON"T COME IN HERE!
remember that you are human.
DAAAADDDD!!!!
Good luck.

Kacey said...

Too funny! Loved this!

tiarastantrums said...

Oh I think we all share this pain! see here I am at almost midnight - when I should be sleeping - but it is the only time the house is quiet!

Devri said...

now you know why I am up at midnight playing friends with everyone who can't respond.. why because It is quiet..

oh it is quiet..

ps. thanks for turning it back on.

not me.. silly

it.

michelle said...

This is cute. I share the Mama pain with you! :) Did you stay up late last night reading? :) I LOVE those pincushions you posted! I am glad to see comments back on for now. :)

Indrani said...

:)
Hope you have finished the book by now.

Debe said...

that brings back memories... and is why I quit reading in the first place.
I have a new project... telephone tagged you the other day and Lindsay drug me out shopping today but we really need to hook up so I can tell you about the new book I got and the project to go with it.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Hilarious and OH so true!

Jen said...

LOL!!! So my life!!

Anonymous said...

You just discribed what it is like for me to read or watch a movie! That is why I never watch the whole movie in one day, I watch it over a week. As for reading, which I love to do. At night a few sentances at a time.

Jules said...

One day I have a feeling I will miss being interrupted by little ones. It is still nice to find those quiet moments. Sometimes that means my kids fix themselves cold cereal and toast frozen waffles for dinner.

Beatriz GutiƩrrez said...

I sooooooo understand you

Blog Widget by LinkWithin