Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cupcake Crazy

I just couldn't resist. When I was sewing up my little cupcake purse, I looked on etsy for some embellishment inspiration. I found this:



And just had to give it a try. Here's my version. I'm still debating on the sprinkles. I may sew some on...




But actually I'm ready to move on, because last night I dreamed that I was making these! No lie. I am in LOVE with these. I want to start tomorrow!




The beauty of it is that I found crochet patterns free on some web sites, that will be very easy to adapt! Woohoo!




*Edit ** Oops. At 2 am, I forgot to give credit to my pattern source for the cupcake purse (I used this as the basis and adjusted it a bit, added some, and left out some.) The cherry pattern is here.

Now, GO create something!

14 comments:

Holly said...

I love it! Santa bought me a new crochet embellishment book - but my hands have been occupied holding this sweet baby - the bittersweet of it isn't it - you want to make these things when they're little, but you have to spend the time with them :)

Mamarazzi said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. i have a cavity just looking that these! that cupcake purse is to die for!

seriously you are amazing!!!

Salsa Mama said...

Oh! I love the Oswald and Weenie dolls!! Those are so cute. I can't believe you gave my Sweet G that awesome cupcake purse for her bday. We ooh and ahh over it all the time! It's so awesome.

Debe said...

is there anything you can't do? your purse is awesome! You are too!

Jen said...

I'm seriously in AWE everytime I stop by. You are one incredible woman! That cupcake purse is SO SO SO SO CUTE!

Ter said...

I sure wish I had your talent!!!

Great job!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Fun!!! I love the octopus!!! :)

Jules said...

The cupcake turned out sooo cute!!! When did you learn to crochet? Oswald and Weenie.. I remember the days! They also loved Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.

Michelle said...

Cute. Cute! Cute!!

oda41143 Missy said...

I wish so badly that I could create like you do!! You rock!!

michelle said...

Ohh my goodness! These are the cutest!!! Those are the cutest littel cupcakes ever!

Jaina said...

Oh how cute are those?

Devri said...

I think you are my new hero.. You can do anything,

I don't know wether to love you or hate you..

jk

I heart you...

have a most excellent Sunday.

KaraLyn said...

I love the Oswald! My brother thinks Oswald is hilarious... if only I could crochet I would totally make him one for his b-day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin