Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Still workin' my elves

Wolfman finished making his soft "swords" for everyone. They are wrapped and under the tree. He can hardly stand it! But he's fully prepared to answer all inquiries with, "It's a surprise."

Today some good friends came to spend the day while their Mom worked. This guy (Big D) needed to make a gift for his uncle. The requirements were that it had to cost under $5, be handmade, and begin with the same letter as the recipient's name. Since Uncle S is into Spiderman and grilling, Big D decided to make him a spiderman apron! Big D traced the pattern and did the hard work of cutting out the spider, then I helped him by sewing around it. It turned out GREAT!

I will definitely be making more of these!


The Princess still hadn't made her gift for Bitt-E, so she and her friend Vee worked for a couple of hours creating felt food for BittE's new toddler kitchen.



They had so much fun and it all turned out really great. (Breakfast is pancake, egg, and sausage patty. They made a sandwich and Fries for lunch. Then for dinner she gets a bag of chips, pizza, and icecream! Ummm, nutritious and delicious.)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

What a great experience for your little elves. You are so creative and those gifts will mean so much to the receivers! I wish your family a very Merry Christmas!

tiki_lady said...

what great skillz you have taught and I love all of these gifts! they are perfect!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas :) ♥ Hugs!

michelle said...

You amaze me with the talent you have, and share with your children. Wishing you, and your a Merry Christmas. :)

Devri said...

Can I borrow your elfs.. why does everyone in my family still believe..... geesh!!!

Merry Christmas Janie

janna said...

you are an awesome mom!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love the "soft" sword!!! Lane wanted a Light Saver but I just knew someone was going to get hit with it!

Love the apron! Looks great and the felt food is fabulous! :)

Debe said...

You are too talented for words!
One of your greatest talents is being a friend. I am so lucky to have you for my friend! I love you! Merry Christmas!

Salsa Mama said...

Hey, you made the swords! Awesome! You are so ambitious, I'm jealous!

Michelle said...

Love the spiderman apron. What a creative way to come up with gifts-starting w/ the first letter of the person's name. I guess people can just give me money$$$!

Jules said...

I bet this will mean so much more to them too! The receiving and the giving. Great ingenuity!

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHOOHOO looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

great handmade gifts.

Jaina said...

This is so cool. I love these gift ideas. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin