Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You'd better be playing with your food!

I'm getting unreasonably excited to play with the Tiny Girl's Christmas kitchen - which is almost done! Pictures soon (I hope!) So this weekend while I worked at the Boutique, I embroidered some felt cookies for her to bake in her tiny wooden oven! I made some last year for Valentine's Day, but never finished my chocolate chip cookies. If I hurry, I might even get some gingerbread men done in time ;D

While cleaning my studio, I ran across this Deli Unit that I made for my students. I got the idea from The Mailbox Magazine years ago. The idea is for the child to practice word recognition. They can begin by matching individual words, then start making orders when handed a "recipe card". Soooo cute that I couldn't resist making it, and I'm breaking it out to go with the kitchen! Fun, inexpensive, educational, and so stinkin cute!

I think I'll have to find a red deli basket to serve their sandwiches in! I may even have to make some felt potato chips in a bag to go with the set!

Notice that the cards get progressively more detailed.

And talk about cute details on the food. These are about life size, the words are written with a fine point sharpie and the details are just ball point pen.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Devri said...

Those are sooo adorable, better than the ugly plastic ones at our house.. great job!!!

Mamarazzi said...

oh my goodness those cookies are

D-A-R-L-I-N-G!!

You never stop amazing me with your awesomeness!

i can't wait to see the kitchen!

Chrissy, said...

I so excited about your tiny girls kitchen it is so cute!!! Love the cookies, how fun.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ How fun!!! :)

Sue said...

Are you kidding me..How fun..My kiddos would love these..Did you make up your own patterns?..

Can't wait to see the other pics.

Lindsay said...

Those cookies look good enough to eat! She is going to love it. My kids are going to want to come and play!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, you are SERIOUSLY one talented lady! Those cookies ARE ADORABLY CUTE!!!

Jules said...

So cute! Can't wait for pics of the kitchen!!!

Tiffany said...

I just love thid idea, and those cookies look so cute. She is going to have so much fun!!!

oda41143 Missy said...

She is going to LOVE this gift!! You are such a supercool mom!

Jaina said...

Oh my gosh, these are SO cool. You are going to have an ecstatic little girl come Christmas. I love that you are making the food out of felt, how neat is that? It means so much more than if you just bought the old plastic stuff at the store.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Ok those cookies beyond Rock!!

Tutorial Please!!!

latree said...

ah hahaha... those cookies looks sooo delicious ...

cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin