Monday, December 8, 2008

The Countdown is On!

Oh no, not the Christmas countdown. I can't even begin the Christmas Countdown until the Mission Countdown is COMPLETE. So, I'm looking at 9 days until the big guy reports to the MTC. Essentially, that leaves 7 days to get everything done. I'm not even going to post my to-do list, but just know that it's crazy long. So, I will probably be pretty scarce until after Christmas. I hope I can post in order to document some events. But that may not even happen.

Yesterday was my #2 son's Christmas Choir Concert called Canticle in Carols. I forgot to take any pics or even attempt to record a song. I just soaked in the beautiful music and the peaceful Christmas spirit.

Tonight we have a super fun FHE (family home evening) planned with my family and some cousins. We are going to Crazymama's to decorate Sugar Cookies and write letters to Santa. Then we are planning to attend a short concert at the Temple where #1's alma matter is performing. After that, we'll go back to Joobs' to warm up with some hot chocolate.

Speaking of hot chocolate, E. just came toddling up to me with some packets of instant Cider that she scavenged from the cupboard and said "Cocoa?" Too cute! She's not a quick talker and this is probably one of her first 10 really clear words! So, of course, I quickly made her some cocoa. I love her tiny voice and sweet talking!

We have another concert tomorrow too! Sade tried out for a solo, had a call-back, and got the part! She has a lovely voice and some serious potential as an awesome vocal performer.

Another concert (Sade's orchestra) Wednesday, plus Young Women's! Visiting some friends (VT) Thursday! and our Ward Christmas party at Church on Saturday! Big B #1 speaks on Sunday, with an open house afterwards! Then leaving early Mon! Holy Cow! Could life get crazier? I'm sure it can... and praying it doesn't. HUGS to all!

12 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

Wow, I can't wait to hear about everything!! Have fun and tell your soon good luck from Kentucky!

Jules said...

Man you are busy busy busy! Hope all goes smoothly for both of the countdowns!

Devri said...

I think you forgot about our countdown.. now I am sad... yOu mean I am the only one counting it down... crap..

michelle said...

Oh wow! You are super duper busy! While I was reading your post I thought...What an amazing family you have. You sure are raising some wonderful kiddos!

Valerie said...

Oh gosh! How do you have the energy? I hope you get to do everything on your list and not wear yourself out. Have a great day.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Crazy busy time! I hope you get everything done! :)

Tiffany said...

It sounds like you have some exciting things coming up! Can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck with getting it all done.

KATE said...

How fun! Oh and I did get the email, and incase you didn't get the jist of my reply! WE'RE ON BABY!!!!

Michelle said...

Christmas is crazy and busy enough even without sending off a missionary. Good luck with getting everything done.

Although I always want pictures of everything, it's sometimes nice to forget the camera and just enjoy the moment. Sounds like that's what you did for #2's concert.

I'm thinking of you.

Mamarazzi said...

sounds like things are busy! busy can be a good thing. down time practically kills me sometimes. my back is still totally out and i am going crazy!!

i love the thought of E coming and asking for Cocoa...aww sugar lips are the sweetest!

Jaina said...

Sounds super busy. Have a fabulous Christmas season and a blessed Christmas. :)

crystal said...

You are an amazing mom--seriously. And as for next week....WAHOO!!! Can't wait.

Oh yeah. The mission thing is cool too, I guess ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin