Monday, November 24, 2008

White Chili - From Leanne at Flylady.net

White Chili - great way to use up some of that leftover Turkey :)


2 pounds chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, cut into pieces (Yes, go ahead and substitute Turkey here!)
2 onions, chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken broth, canned or homemade
1 (7 oz.) can green chiles, chopped
1 (16 oz.) jar salsa verde (green salsa)
1 teaspoon each: cumin and garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
3 cups white beans, cooked (use canned or make yourself)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped--optional
1 pound low-fat jack cheese, grated

In a large saucepan, heat a small amount of oil and saute the onion. When the onion is translucent, add chicken. Cook for a couple ofminutes, max. Don't let it stick and don't add a ton of oil to keepit cooking either. Add everything else, except the cilantro and cheese. If you want, after sauteeing the chicken and onion together, you could finish the recipe in a crock pot. If you do, cook on high for about 3 hours or so, if you want it to cook all day, put it on low. You just need to get it nice and hot. If you are doing this on the stove top, simmerfor about 20 minutes. Serve in nice big bowls, sprinkle with cilantro if you like, and some grated cheese. We like cornbread and a big salad too!

Serves 8 Per serving: 254 Calories; 4g Total Fat; 34g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 69mg Cholesterol; 304mg Sodium

Love, Leanne

(*note from SupercoolHotmama - Yeah, Leanne, Kelly, and even Marla herself email me daily. They just can't get enough of me. Shhhh, don't tell them, but sometimes I even have to delete some of them without responding.)

Another great way to use up some of that turkey is by making Chicken/Turkey Enchiladas! YUM! (Didn't know I have a Recipe blog? Yep. I'm Chock full o' Secrets. Just scroll down a bit - but you could actually substitute Turkey in any of those fabulous Chicken recipes!)


Happy Thanksgiving All! Sure Love Ya!

10 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks! You cook too?

Wow only 5 pts per serving.. great WW dinner!

I love Flylady!

KATE said...

YUM! Can't wait to try it!!

I tagged you sweetie! Enjoy...

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

We love white chili at our house! We eat it all winter. Love the green chiles!

Jen said...

Yummy? This sounds really good!

Jeni said...

Sounds pretty darned good to me -plus, it would be easy to make too. My kind of meal, for sure!

michelle said...

Yummy! The chili sounds wonderful! I think I will give it a try. I wouls still get together. Just let me know what looks good for you.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Ohh this looks way to yummy..
i will have to try it!!

Steph said...

That sounds yummy, I may just have to try it! :)

Lindsay said...

That sounds like a good idea for the left overs!

carrhop said...

Fantastic recipe! I'll have to keep this one in the que as we deal with lots of left-over turkey!

Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin