Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Pics and Boutique Weekend Update

Pirate K and his friend - a truly scary girl.
Thank you Aunt Maria for this darling Candy Corn Dress or this girly would have been wearing who-knows-what.

My wedding dress on the Princess. She's 10. Yeah, I was that skinny.


We were absolutely rolling laughing 'til the tears were running down our cheeks at this Sumo outfit. I think we laughed too much, because he chickened out on this one and opted for a more macho outfit of his BDU's (Camoflage Uniform from JROTC). He looks even more gargantuan next to Tiny Girl.


And the only one I actually had time to sew for this year - Luke Skywalker.

This weekend, besides the Halloween fun, I had another boutique. I stayed up until 3 am finishing Luke Skywalker's Jedi costume on Thursday, then the next night, I stayed up ALL night sewing and painting my display stands. I made some gorgeous new bags, painted a lemonade set, and made some more earrings! My sister Maria and I spent a fun morning visiting with shoppers who didn't spend and a couple who did. I sold some earrings and bags, and she sold some beads. Plus, we had a great time together and gave out lots of cards - hopefully that will generate some more business.


One of the best parts of the weekend, was that I received some GOOD MAIL completely out of the blue! My sweet friend Missy sent me these darling handmade tags for my boutique items! I completely LOVE them! They were perfect and so thoughtful. She hand stamped and chalked each of them, then hung them on the gold chords too! Missy, you made me so happy! AND notice how well the picture goes with my displays...

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Jules said...

All the kids' costumes looked awesome. The candy corn girl couldn't be more precious and the sumo wrestler couldn't be funnier! What a shame he didn't dare go out in it. However, I don't blame him though!

I hope you generate lots & lots of business! How could you not with those gorgeous tags. :)

tiki_lady said...

oh my gosh our dresses are similar. My 10 year old can fit into my dress too. At 10 she weighs what I weighed when I was 19! let's not even go what my current weight is! My 14 yr. old daughter is too broad for the dress. i love the costumes, especially the candy corn.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Great costumes! Love the tags... How fun! :)

Adele Marshall said...

That sumo costume is the BOMB!! Where did you get that??? I laughed so hard and he should have worn it because no one would ever forget that!!! Courage young ones, be silly, be strange, celebrate your uniqueness, walk to the beat of your African drummer, be the sumo!!! (that's going to be my new motto)

tammi said...

That candy corn dress is AWESOME!! And she's so stinkin' cute in it!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, the candy corn dress is absolutely adorable!! Oh and the sumo. . . HILARIOUS!!! I hope things went well for you at the boutique and continue to do well! You make the cutest stuff!

Mamarazzi said...

that sumo is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!

i love the candy corn dress. way. too. cute.

and wowzer on Sade fitting into your wedding dress!

love those little tags...YAY for good mail!!

i am glad you sold a few things and were able to pass out some cards. i pray they do generate some business!!

this was such a meaty post. so much info.

Lindsay said...

The kids costumes are so cute! I love the candy corn dress how freakin cute! Sorry you didn't sell more hopefully you will get more sells in the few monthes from it!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What fun costumes! I love halloween!

Michelle said...

I LOVE the candy corn dress. I may have to borrow the idea but somehow adapt it fir a boy.

oda41143 Missy said...

You are very welcome. Honestly, seeing your displays is what inspired me to do the tags. As soon as I saw your model I thought about my stamp set. Glad you put them to good use! You inspire me daily!!

KATE said...

I love her cand corn dress! How CUTE!!!!

Jaina said...

Beautiful lemonade set. I LOVE that candy corn dress, too cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin